Monday 25 August 2008

Something bad and something lovely

Reading back through my previous posts it's ironic now that I use the word 'hunched' to describe my position when painting. It really is a crabbity crouched posture, and the last few days I started paying for it. What began life as a slightly annoying throb after standing up from my drawing table has now almost completely debilitated me. I can walk a bit, I can sit down but standing up afterwards is dreadful. It seems likely that i've pushed a disc out - I won't know for sure until I go and get it checked out tomorrow.

Worst of all - the only thing I can do is relax and lie down while an unfinished painting sits in the hallway begging for a bit of muddy cyan on the wings.

Hopefully it won't be long before i'm back on, well, my back.

Meanwhile, in my ridiculous shuffling state, a new tennant was brought around by the lovely people at the Cat Protection Agency. His name's Nacho, he's about 4 but noone can say for sure because he's been living as a stray. He's quite a big cat, handsome to look at and incredibly freindly.

3 comments:

paolability said...

Your description sounds exactly like mine - standing up is awful (also turning in and trying to get out of bed).

I first did my back in after a very long stint at the computer and the second time after sleeping on a crappy sofa-bed.

If it's the same thing, the quickest way to get back to normal is to go for some brisk walks. Over three days should do it. In any case, moving is better than not.

Lady Lavona said...

Feel better sweetie! I too am feeling a bit sore these days...I think I'm going to sign up for a Yoga class!

I got my prints....BEAUTIFUL...as always! Let me know when your package arrives!

xo Lavona

littlerobot said...

Hi guys!

Thanks for the advice paola,it is much better now and yes moving rather than not-moving is much better.

No more hunching, that's for sure.