Monday 21 July 2008

Some kind of cape?

This doesn't feel 100% finished yet, it needs a lining, and something else...i'm not sure what. That suede jacket i've been pillaging just keeps going forever, I still have tons of stuff left to make things from, it's quite exciting. I wouldn't mind trying a tunic, they're simple enough shapes for a beginner at sewing.


The front bits are pockets from the suede jacket. The back is actually from the back of it. I painted with some gold fabric paint on the back.


The collar is some very old material, and then some of the cushion embroidery sewn on. The buttons are from a waistcoat .


Ta dah! I quite like it, it's toasty round the neck. I am going to line it in nice soft felt.

The gold detailing on the back, not showing up fabulously in this pic but I think it looks quite lovely in real life.

Detail of the front, please excuse grotty purple top, it's my shameful painting smock thing.

7 comments:

Lady Lavona said...

I got my prints today!!! The quality is top notch! They are soooo beautiful! I hope you add more with this series...I'm in love!

xo Lavona

Lady Lavona said...

I got my prints today!!! The quality is top notch! They are soooo beautiful! I hope you add more with this series...I'm in love!

xo Lavona

nillakitty said...

Beautiful!

Petula Darling said...

I love the cape!!!
It's very beautiful and dramatic.

Rima Staines said...

Bloody hell this is lovely Lindsey :)
You've been busy ... what great garments. You know I have a lot of little bits n pieces that need clearing out, so maybe I'll make up a bag of snippets n trimmings n beads for you and bring it over one fine day!
Hope you're enjoying the long awaited sun...
xx R

Ciara Brehony said...

Oh. It just gets better and better...

I have to tell you that so far I love everything you make. And I include your outrageously gorgeous paintings. Simply beautiful. I won't go back and comment on everything, but I've had a good mooch around and will definitely be back.
Thank you!

Betty said...

Wow! Your work is incredibly beautiful!

You are invited to come to my blog and do an article about yourself and work with pictures.

www.etsysupplyshoppe.blogspot.com

I have added you to my Favorites on my blog.

Grandma Betty