Sunday 14 October 2007

Etsy and burning the candle

Last week I was made Featured Seller on Etsy! And a kind of amazing chaos ensued! It was mainly me panicking in my studio at midnight covered in stickers saying '99p' (The cost of the mailing envelopes I used). Turning up to work in the morning late (post office strikes etc) and being, to be honest, amazed at the response.

I have never really gone down the print route, but I had to do it or i'd have had nothing but the Devillish Cake Maker in the shop (old faithful!)..It's been a bit of a revelation in terms of actually funding my own art-making addiction. I could never really do it by making originals..I would manage to service a few bits of paper or wood, but nothing substantial. And also, the first thing I did with the money, the very first thing, was to get my hands on other people's art/creations...It was really weird to realise that I am basically making art so I can own more art.

The forest/paper/girl continues swiftly now that I have 2 glorious weeks off work! I aim to have her, and a special commision finished within the next 2 weeks. There is also the Glasgow Craft Mafia launch on 25th October which i'll be going to. Hopefully i'll be able to display the Devillish cakes and the paper forest and let people mess around with them a bit. That's sort of the whole point isn't it?

Sorry no pictures this time...but soon!

No comments: