Sunday 17 February 2008

Quick Update

So, this week i've been running around in my full-time job - what a nuisance. But other things are also happening!

I managed to finish off the last layer of varnish on Fleur and put her in a gilt frame.



She's for sale in the shop.

I also have invested in a really brilliant A3 printer which uses Chromalife inks - The Canon Pixma Pro9000 - Using Canon's papers and inks the prints have a longer lasting life and good colours. I've always been happy with my prints, but these are even better! Somehow they are just richer, and not only that but the printer is fast and you don't get any jamming or problems with the thick art papers...that was my main problem, I had to hand-feed every sheet and it took an age to get a print, so printing out on order for the theatre for example could take me 40 minutes! It's absolutely gigantinc, and since I can now print A3 i'm going to do a few large theatres and assemble them myself - It means the dolls can be jointed and it will last longer.....Hopefully have those ready soonish.

I also recieved a package from Ponoko..I love that site, laser cutting made easy and accessible. I got 5 jumping jack patterns in wood. One of these is being primed and painted today and going off to Gallery1988 for an upcoming group exhibition! I'll post more about that soon....

Hopefully next time i'll have some progress and some pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really beautiful, and the frame suits in perfectly.

Lady Lavona said...

Guess what!? I love your blog! You have won the "You Make My Day Award"! Stop by to learn more about this! xo Lavona

http://www.ladylavona.blogspot.com

Serpent Mandalas said...

This is just so beautiful!